From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Richard
Turner
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2022 2:27 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: [BlindApples] BARDMobile virtually not usable after System network
warning

Hello,

After getting a warning this morning that NLS was aware books are taking longer
to upload due to some structural changes they are making, etc., and hitting OK
to get back to my book, BARD is useless!

There is no rewind button, there is an unlabeled button that ends up being the
jump to next part, chapter, etc.  The Fast Forward is labeled FF.

There is no Speed control slider.

None of the tabs along the bottom work.

I cleared the app switcher and rebooted the phone.  Nothing changed.

I deleted the app.

It was a nightmare getting logged back in.  I had to toggle VO off a couple of
times to proceed.

Once signed back in, I was able to go to previous downloads and redownload the
book, The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett, our book club  book for October.
However, there is no difference.  The app is useless.

IN this case, I found that Bookshare has the same recording, just added on
September 28, 2022.  So, I can get back to the book with the same reader in the
same lace I was and not having to switch to the synthesized voice since I am
used to the reader, and like her very much.

I wrote NLS immediately.

If you get the warning about their network, I hope you don’t end up in the same
mess, but I suspect you may.

Richard, USA.

“Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.”
--  Jane Wagner from The Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe

My web site: https://www.turner42.com

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links: