Two things to consider/check: do you have a screen protector on the phone and
is it possibly not applied correctly or loose? Second, is your iPhone screen
clean? I have seen dirty screens cause all sorts of weird behaviour.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Wayne
Merritt
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2022 6:13 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Weird problem on iPhone 13 Pro involving media

Hello. I am having a weird issue when media is playing on my iPhone 13 Pro.
First off, I have iOS 16.0.2, and this issue is totally random when it occurs.
I could be listening to a book, podcast, Internet radio stream, or a movie or
show on a streaming service. At different times, the audio will suddenly stop,
whether I pick up the phone, sit down at a table, grip the sides of the phone,
or even touch the screen when the phone is locked. For a while, it happened
once every other day or once a day, but recently it has started happening twice
in 1 day. Usually I just restart the audio and everything is fine. It doesn't
matter if I restart VoiceOver or the phone, the problem keeps happening. I got
this phone July 31, and I don't remember this media problem happening during
the first few weeks of having it. Even if it did, I wasn't in a position to do
anything about it since I was going through some serious issues of my own in
August. I just remembered another behavior. I was talking with a family member
on the phone. I had them on speaker and had locked the phone. At some point
during the call, my phone started randomly pushing the touch tone buttons. I
didn't do it and the other person didn't do it either, I figure it must have
been my phone that was acting up. I'm going to an Apple Store next week since
this seems like a hardware issue. I have 2 questions. First, could this be a
random iOS problem? And the other, I have the basic coverage plan from Apple
that they give everyone who buys a new iPhone within the first year. Would I
still be serviced under this plan with this weird issue? I'm thinking that if I
go to an Apple Store and they run their tests on the phone, that I have a
better chance of having my phone replaced. Thoughts?

Warm regards,

Wayne Merritt
Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro
Check out my GoodReads page: