I just upgraded from the second generation Airpods to the Pro second generation
which just came out, because my Airpods I’ve had for three years died. When
playing a Bard book, or any other mono source, I would describe the audio as
kind of a fake stereo with slight echo. It should sound like it's coming
directly in the middle of my head, but it's spread out like it's a stereo file.
I originally had the spatial audio on, but that made the voice move when I
moved my head, and I didn’t like that. Once I turned that off, the moving
stopped, but this fake stereo is still here. Is there a setting I can change,
or is this just how these earbuds render the audio?
Thanks,
Matthew