Hello

I am new to battery cases. I did not find any options for a quality Apple
battery case for my SE 2020 through Apple Sales, so I went for a cheap case
via Amazon.

               I am confused about how these work even though I have been
read the instructions.

               There is indeed a power switch on the back of the case. It is
presently turned off since the phone was charged when I first put it in the
case and I cannot remember if I had fully charged it beforehand. I did have
the battery case plugged in for hours before the phone was installed in it.
I'm assuming that the reading on the status bar of the phone is the actual
charge that the phone itself has. Is there a way to know how much charge the
battery case itself has? When would I power on the phone and know when to
power it back off if I am supposed to charge the phone first? It says it
takes 2 hours but how do I verify the battery has been charged to capacity?

Instructions for the case do indeed say that as the battery wears down, I
should charge the phone first, at which point after that was done, I would
turn the power back on to allow the battery case to then fill up.

               An Amazon customer when doing a search says to charge both
phone and battery case at the same time. Before reading the instructions,
that is what I might have assumed would be the way to do it.

I cannot tell if I am getting any extra battery usage out of the phone in
the case of yet because uncharacteristically I did not use my phone a lot
yesterday.

Is there a reading anywhere where I can see how much charge the battery case
has at any given time? Am I right that my phone is always going to read what
charge the phone itself has, and the only way to track the effectiveness of
gaining more battery time is if I notice that I have to charge less often
for my former average usage?

               Deidre