Chris,

I had also been wondering how to do this, but am running into a problem. I double tapped on delete and double tapped on the this will delete 2 messages, which was what I wanted, but it only deleted the first one.

I'm not in a standard situation since I don't get a lot of texts and I text myself to practice and Verizon seems to call them iMessages or iCloud messages and I don't know if that is making a difference. When I tried, I had 2 messages I sent myself to myself and one from Verizon and I wanted to delete the 2 I sent myself. There was no cancel button after I double tapped on the second do you really want to button.

Thank you,

Margaret

I'm running IOS 16.1.2 on an iPhone SE 2.