From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Sieghard
Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2023 5:08 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Pit boss grilling app

Hello Kayla,

I was going to tell you that Pit Boss uses the same app as Louisiana Grills and
that app is called "Smoke It". You may or may not know that both Pit Boss and
Louisiana Grill are brands owned by the same company, Danson LLC.

I sell Louisiana Grill at my retail store and personally own a Founders Series
1200 and the app can be used, but it's not great and I had to have sighted help
at first because sometimes Voiceover reads stuff in the app which visually is
not there so you sort of have to know what you can tap and how to use it.

I was told by my Canadian distributor of Louisiana Grill that apparently the
company is working on a new app, but that was last year and I haven't heard
anything further. I live in Northwestern British Columbia and our winter is a
full 5 months from November through March and while a few people use their wood
pellet grills throughout the year, the main season for this sort of stuff up
here is definitely from mid or late April (around now basically) to the middle
or end of October. There is a lot of salmon fishing here so September and
October are big month for people smoking their fish.

Now, I just opened my Smoke It app for the first time this year and immediately
received a pop-up message that Pit Boss now has their own app and typing "Pit
boss" into the search field of the App Store did find it easily enough. What is
not at all clear is whether this new Pit Boss app is supposed to work also with
the Louisiana Grill products or not and calling their customer service line
today wasn't much use as they are not open on Sundays. I will, however, call
them tomorrow to find out because both Smoke It as well as the newer Pit Boss
app get pretty bad ratings and they really should get their act together.

Best regards,

to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/PH7PR12MB56563E03CC0A638C9B8DF995C7669%40PH7PR12MB5656.namprd12.prod.outlook.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/PH7PR12MB56563E03CC0A638C9B8DF995C7669%40PH7PR12MB5656.namprd12.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>