Here are my results using Aiko on my iPhone 13 Mini.

I imported a 23MB mp3 file of an HOA meeting which was about 50 minutes in
length and recorded using the RecUp app on my 13 Mini and housed in a Dropbox
folder. The process started smoothly but I will caution folks that it actually
takes longer to transcribe than the actual meeting length at least on an iPhone
13 Mini. In fact, I think my initial test might have been too ambitious because
after running for about an hour and a half and getting 80% complete, the app
stopped and I lost what had been transcribed. My iPhone got very warm during
the process and my battery went from about 80% charge to 20% before I realized
I needed to plug it into a power adapter at about 60% of the way through
transcription. I’m just noting this for those attempting to transcribe a
meeting of any length.

I next transcribed a much shorter doctor’s visit recording of an mp3 file also
made with the RecUp app. This recording was only 1.2MB in size and the
recording was less than 10 minutes in length. I’ll not comment on the amount of
time I spent waiting to see that doctor versus the length of the actual
meeting. I will say that Aiko did a great job of transcription which I exported
as a CSV file to the same Dropbox folder as the source recording. When opened
in Excel, the CSV file is  3 columns of information with column 1 containing
the recording start time, column 2 containing the recording stop time, and
column 3 containing the transcribed text from that recording period. I ended up
with 60 rows of transcribed text and the results were excellent.

I’ll try Aiko on a longer meeting to see if I’m successful without a crash and
will report back the results. I will make sure my iPhone is plugged in before
beginning a longer transcription process.

Alan Lemly