That did the trick, Joseph. Thank you. The screen to put in my pass code came up with the phone talking and phone life is good again.

For future reference, was my memory correct that a two finger double tap if done correctly should stop the music playing? Is there a verbal command to stop music playing?

Thanks,

Margaret