From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Jody
ianuzzi
Sent: Saturday, July 8, 2023 9:09 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Open scape compared to VoiceVista

Hello Richard,

How can I get the Soundscape for everyone beta?

JODY

To Boldly Go  🖖🏻

thunderwalker...@gmail.com <mailto:thunderwalker...@gmail.com>

"What's within you is stronger than what's in your way."  NO BARRIERS  Erik
Weihenmayer

On Jul 8, 2023, at 11:13 AM, Richard Turner <richardr_tur...@comcast.net
<mailto:richardr_tur...@comcast.net> > wrote:

At this early stage, I think it is too soon to judge either the Openscape beta
or Voicevista.  I am hoping they both have some updates soon to fill in the
gaps.

I did a test last Sunday while in a car going about 50 miles from our home in
Portland, Oregon to the little town of Stevenson Washington.  Neither one did
very good with points of interest or even highway names.

We went about 45 miles along interstate 84 until the town of Cascade Locks
where there is a bridge called The Bridge of the Gods.  While the park near the
bridge was identified, the bridge was not by either app.  It is a toll bridge,
which was not mentioned either.

Once we got onto the highway in Washington, it took over a half a mile before
the road we were on was identified.  Once in the town, going at about 20 or 25
miles an hour, roads were not identified until after we had turned onto them.

I realize the apps are more intended for pedestrian speeds, but GoodMaps
Outdoors did a bit better, though it can be slightly delayed too in identifying
intersections and the fact that we've turned onto a different road.

And, there is going to be at least one more SoundScape like app coming that
will likely be called something like SoundScape for Everyone.  That one is also
in beta and has a long way to go as far as locations are concerned.

It is great to see that so many groups are trying to utilize what Microsoft
developed in SoundScape.

Richard, USA.

“Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.”
--  Jane Wagner from The Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe

My web site:  <https://www.turner42.com> https://www.turner42.com