It’s definitely Siri. I know I can change the dictation language on a single 
device. But what I want to do is have one of my devices set for Russian so that 
I can quickly when I need to ask it how to say something in English that I’m 
hearing from this family that I don’t remember how to translate.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 24, 2023, at 9:11 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Is it actually Siri or dictation you want to use in Russian?
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Mary 
> Otten
> Sent: Monday, July 24, 2023 1:06 PM
> To: via VIPhone <[email protected]>
> Subject: Setting your Siri input language to something other than English on 
> just one device
> 
> I have been googling to see if this was possible. The impression I have is 
> that it was possible at one time, way back in iOS 10 maybe. But it isn’t now. 
> That has certainly been my experience, as I have really wanted to set the 
> input language to Russian on my phone but leave it in English everywhere 
> else. I have a good reason for that, but it’s apparently not possible, unless 
> I’m missing something. I would really like to make this happen. I It helps 
> when you’re working with native Russiannative Russian speakers and your 
> spoken Russian isn’t what it used to be. 
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
> 
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
> 
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
> [email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
> [email protected]
> 
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/9BE773F6-5468-4749-B683-5280D1928E58%40gmail.com.
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
> 
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
> 
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
> [email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
> [email protected]
> 
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/PH7PR12MB5656734667E4F38DBE952F08C703A%40PH7PR12MB5656.namprd12.prod.outlook.com.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/D360204D-8229-4742-BEC5-12B01823E5BB%40gmail.com.

Reply via email to