From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Alan
Lemly
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 6:46 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: today's Apple Event

Hi Sieghard,

I have to agree with Bill that it seemed obvious that most of the excitement at
least to the sighted world is all about the camera enhancements and features.
It almost sounds as if Apple's ultimate goal is to design a phone so that users
can take amazing photos whether they are intelligent enough to understand
anything about photography or heaven forbid even capable of using good language
skills. And I expect the lack of excitement is indicative of a product which is
reaching maturity as is the iPhone.

My favorite part of the event was the produced segment about Apple's
environmental concerns and efforts featuring Octavia Spencer as Mother Nature.
But then, that was more of a mini movie than a product announcement. I do
appreciate the efforts Apple is making to be green and carbon neutral but I
note that little has been said about all the cables and wired devices with
lightning connectors that won't work with the new phones and their USB C ports.
But that change wasn't a decision Apple made unilaterally or even voluntarily.
I will note that the Apple Store does now offer a new adapter with lightning
female and USB C male for those needing to use their wired lightning Earpods
and other wired devices. I'll also note that this adapter costs $29 which is a
big increase from the 3.5mm to lightning adapter introduced a few years back
when they got rid of the headphone jack. That adapter was $9.95 as I recall.

I will be in no hurry to move from my iPhone 13 Mini to one of the iPhones 15
or later.

Alan Lemly

Sent from my iPhone