I bought a Jawbone ERA last year and unless it has changed, I don't think it
supports AVRCP (audio video remote control protocol). I would not buy
anything that doesn't have this because I like it a lot if I can control
playback via the headset and unless it has AVRCP I don't think you can. I at
least could not figure out a way how I could start and stop playback, for
example.

I just spend about 2 hours reading up on a bunch of headsets from
Plantronics, Jawbone, Jabra and Samsung. I think the Jabra Supreme is the
winner here although the Plantronics M50 had very good reviews on Amazon and
the big advantage was that I think it was available for about $28 whereas
the Jabra Supreme was listed starting at $79.

However, the Jabra Supreme was one of the few bluetooth headsets I found
that use Bluetooth 3.0 and that supported both A2DP and AVRCP as well as
Hands free of course. I also like the fact that it sits on the ear and
doesn't go into the ear and that it shuts off if you fold the mic up, no
forgetting to switch it off.

I am not a huge bluetooth earpiece fan, but I am travelling right now and
actually find my neck holder for the iPhone very useful as I can have my
iPhone hanging around my neck where I can easily access it for usage of
various GPS apps etc. I normally don't mind the wired headset, but I must
say it can get in the way especially at this time of the year when you have
to wear jackets and so on so I think I may give the Jabra Supreme a try.