I am experiencing similar, though the keyboard does enter the text. I find the
letters I want and enter them. VO repeats different letters, but the letters I
actually chose were entered. However, it is somewhat risky to proceed since the
field appears blank and you cannot confirm the text you have entered.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
sarai.bucciare...@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2024 2:33 PM
To: macvisionar...@googlegroups.com
Cc: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Issues with Venmoe and Voiceover

All :

Someone asked me to do a Venmo transaction for them since they don’t use it.

Looks like with Voice over, iOS 17.2.1, and Venmo version 10.32.07 you cannot
type in a venmo user in the search field with VO running. Voiceover speaks and
enters in letters and symbols that you are not typing.

You use to be able to dictate in the search field, but if you try, the
information is blank in the search field.

Just an FYI.

to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/004d01da4a45%24338ba6c0%249aa2f440%24%40gmail.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/004d01da4a45%24338ba6c0%249aa2f440%24%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>