I wouldn't call it a Perkins style keyboard, because the keys slant. The left long button is backspace and the right long button is space.
Matthew

On Feb 1, 2024, at 12:17 PM, mi...@eastlink.ca wrote:

Hi as some one who used the hable 1 a few months ago I would say that yes you have to know braille to use it as far as typing on it. It is a input keyboard only there is no braille display on it and there is no speech output unless you count the speech that comes out from your I phone or I pad that you are using it on. Youhold it between your 2 hands and your fingers rest on the perkins styal keyboard the keys press up word there are 3 buttons down on the boddem of the keyboard the round button is backspace and the one on the right is deleate. And the middle is space. Hth. From Mich.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: February 1, 2024 2:13 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Hable 1

Hi, I just received an email from A T Guys and I am curious about the information on their website about the Hable 1. They have the following in the title:

Hable One Smallest Braille Keyboard For Any Tablet or Smartphone - Easy to Carry : A. T. Guys, Your Access Technology Experts

Then  in the description they say this:

Simplified and Fast Typing: Using Hable One your typing speed enhancement increases considerably due to the great design streamlines, vastly improving your previous keyboard experience. You don’t need to know Braille to use it, making it a perfect choice among blind people products.

So, it’s a braille keyboard but you don’t need to know braille to use it? Just wondering how this works.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/PH7PR12MB565622F5DCED52F357BF65E7C7432%40PH7PR12MB5656.namprd12.prod.outlook.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/04dc01da5543%244675b560%24d3612020%24%40eastlink.ca.