From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Malcolm
Parfitt
Sent: Saturday, April 6, 2024 3:04 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Update to Seeing AI now available.

Hello,

An update to Seeing AI is available in the App Store, here’s what it says about
the update.

• Find My Things - This new feature, available via the World channel on devices
running iOS 14+, enables you to teach Seeing AI to recognize your personal
objects. Most AI systems focus on large datasets of generic objects, so we
built this system that provides an audio-first experience to teach new objects
yourself. You can then follow the audio cues to locate your things. • Ask
questions about photos (English only) - You can now ask Seeing AI questions
about photos on the Scene channel, in Browse Photos, or those shared from
another app. For example, after hearing the rich description, you may wish to
hear more about a specific aspect of the image. • Rich image descriptions, when
you tap "More Info", have been improved to include even more details.
Additionally, the names of people you have taught Seeing AI to identify are now
included. And, this is now available in all 19 languages in which Seeing AI is
localized. • Handwriting recognition is now also available in Japanese and
Korean. • Document orientation - After scanning a document, you can find out
which way round it is - useful when organizing multiple pages for stapling, for
example. Tap "More", then "Page Info". • Plus, various bug fixes under the hood.

Malcolm Parfitt

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/23055142-6661-4553-A079-827A7B4EAABA%40parfitt1.org.uk.