Hello everyone,

First of all, please know that I am not trying to start anything, with the questions that I am about to ask. I honestly want to understand how these things can be of help to me. But, not do all of the work for me.

I am curious, does anyone here use Chat GPT? Or, Microsoft Co-Pilot?

Not sure I spelled that last one correctly.

If anyone here does use these Apps, or any others I might not be aware of, how accessible are they?

Also, what might you use them for?

I am currently attending a local community college. My goal is to hopefully get my Masters degree. I am a long way off from this though, and life could go in a totally different direction. I am also an older student. I don't even know if I will ever have a career.

Anyway, one thing I would like to use Chat GPT for, is to get help with my writing. I never really learned how to write papers in high school. I feel so behind in this area. I am told all the time that I need to kind of learn to BS my way through stuff.

However, I am not at all good with that sort of thing.

Please understand, I do not want to cheat! Or, plagiarize anything. I really just want to use AI to help me with this huge struggle. I want help with structure, and all that. But, I want to make the paper my own. And, make changes where necessary.

However, I also want to make use of these Apps, in other ways as well, if this can be beneficial for me. I just don't know enough, to know what I might be missing out on. I know we do have to be careful, when using any sort of AI. And, we need to be smart about what we do. I just think though that all of this stuff can really benefit us in a lot of ways.

Thank you to anyone who has read this. Any thoughts, or advice will be very much appreciated.

Terri