The AirPods Pro 3 also have the hearing aid capability.

 

Andy

 

 

From: [email protected] <[email protected]> On Behalf Of 
Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2026 2:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Comparing Apple AirPods

 

Yes, transparency mode on the Pros will help you hear things around you even 
with the silicon tips. I find this especially useful in noisy place where I 
want to hear my iPhone but still want to hear things around me, like a 
restaurant or an airplane. In quieter places, like around the house, I prefer 
the 4’s without the silicon tips. 

 

—
Christopher (AKA CJ) Chaltain
chaltain at Outlook





On Aug 27, 2026, at 3:50 PM, 'Kimberly Samco' via VIPhone 
<[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

 

Hello,

I’m having a hard time deciding between the AirPods 4 with noise, cancellation 
and the pro three. The main feature I want to use is the live translation mode 
and each model has its pros and cons. I’m gonna tell you what I think they are 
and maybe you guys can tell me what your experiences are with the different 
models.

The four with noise cancellation does live translation, which is good. It has 
the open earbud style I guess that means there’s no silicone tip. This means I 
would be able to hear my surroundings a little bit better. The down side is 
that the microphone is not as good and I’m wondering if I will be frustrated if 
the microphone doesn’t pick up the person‘s voice who I’m in conversation with.

The AirPod Pro three has a bunch of features that I’ll never use. It has the 
transparency feature and I’m very interested to know what your experiences are 
with that. Does that make it easier to hear the surroundings even though there 
are silicone tips. I don’t find silicone tips comfortable but maybe I can use a 
smaller size that would help me with that. One of the pluses is it has a much 
better microphone so there may be less frustration for me when I’m talking to 
somebody in a noisy environment.

On Amazon there’s only a $50 difference between the two models so that’s not a 
huge consideration for me.
I tried a pair of dedicated Translator earbuds, but the app is not accessible 
with voiceover so they’re pretty much useless. In researching, I don’t see that 
any of them say they’re compatible with voiceover so I might as well just go 
for an Apple product which I know will work. I would really appreciate hearing 
what your experiences are and see if it’ll be a tie breaker for me.

Thanks,

Kim.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> .  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 

The archives for this list can be searched at:
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F
 
<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&data=05%7C02%7C%7C316bd63885e94018ac8408df047ce90b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639234606657276793%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=dhZbsPwmJOUC5%2Bi9R82LuprIGpFnyCFCtBNjQXbJjWw%3D&reserved=0>
 
&data=05%7C02%7C%7C316bd63885e94018ac8408df047ce90b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639234606657276793%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=dhZbsPwmJOUC5%2Bi9R82LuprIGpFnyCFCtBNjQXbJjWw%3D&reserved=0
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> .
To view this discussion visit 
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2FF7A74D12-C658-4E78-9689-6716CDE0FA06%2540me.com
 
<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2FF7A74D12-C658-4E78-9689-6716CDE0FA06%2540me.com&data=05%7C02%7C%7C316bd63885e94018ac8408df047ce90b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639234606657307807%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=QpOOlOisFomvxBxik2D2%2FFqw4HCRJFhrM9sobhb1A88%3D&reserved=0>
 
&data=05%7C02%7C%7C316bd63885e94018ac8408df047ce90b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639234606657307807%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=QpOOlOisFomvxBxik2D2%2FFqw4HCRJFhrM9sobhb1A88%3D&reserved=0.

 

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: 
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> . Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> .
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/ACB2F0B8-C1A0-4CFC-90A9-EC23A7D3E8A4%40outlook.com
 
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/ACB2F0B8-C1A0-4CFC-90A9-EC23A7D3E8A4%40outlook.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 .

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/066601dd3672%241bf70c90%2453e525b0%24%40socal.rr.com.

Reply via email to