Home Connect works very well with the Bosch appliances.
By the way with the fridge
The benchmark is more for people that are in the restaurant business.
Just thought I would let you know.
And like you mentioning about turning the fridge down when my fridge was set up it’s on 37° right now and of course when I go through all the information and all I could change that if I wanted to, I’m not going to.
Not that I plan to get a new stove.
As I just use countertop appliances when cooking, and the microwave that’s attached to the wall above the stove.
When I was at Mayse Munroe
I remember the person was telling me as you explained that when you move the pan on the stove referring to the Bosch that it does sense where you had the pan.

Here’s another awesome thing with the Bosch fridge since the software updated.
Yesterday I filled one of my glasses with some water.
Since the fridge has the stainless steel drip tray that goes over the like say if you were to set a bottle on the square thing is kinda hard to explain.
Anyway to sum it up since some of a little bit too much water got in that tray thing the fridge started beeping.
To tell me that there was some water and needed to be wiped up so I did that with a few paper towels and then it quit beeping.
It did not physically talk, however, once the water was wiped up, then I knew that’s why it was beeping.
By the way, if you have an Alexa, do not hook up Bosch appliances to that.
Just keep them pared to the Home Connect app.

The Alexa has a mind of its own and changes the settings.

The freezer is set at 0°

I love my fridge and my dishwasher.
It’s all stainless steel.
And the freezer is on the bottom.
And then it has the double doors above the freezer.
Hope that helped.

Thanks for reading regarding this matter.
Jenny Bomareto

Sent from my iPhone 15

On Sep 7, 2026, at 3:20 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <[email protected]> wrote:



Jenny, how would you rate Voiceover accessibility of the Home Connect app?

We currently have a GE Café series counter-depth 33" fridge as well as induction range with double oven.

I love the range and the fridge is nice enough, but a few weeks ago it suddenly started to be very cold in the fridge section to the point where especially further towards the back it was freezing stuff. We bought the range in 2019 and since I liked it so much, I looked at the same series when we wanted to replace my by then 25-year old fridge in 2021.

I brought in an appliance repair guy and after checking it out, he suggested that most likely it had a leak and was loosing the refrigerant gas. As it's bearly 5 years old and a relatively expensive fridge, I was of course not impressed and after doing a bit of research, I would probably only go with a Bosch, there are a few other European brands which are also excellent, but I am not going to spend $8,000, 4$10,000 or in some cases even more for a fridge; I live nice stuff and don't mind paying for quality, but there are of course limits. Anyways, when the appliance guy was here I told him to maybe set the temperature a bit higher so he changed it from 38°F to 40°F and while that is almost a bit warm for a fridge, so far it has fixed the issue. I actually want to reduce it again by a degree or two and see if it acts up again or if it was just a weird glitch.

Anyways, we probably will do a complete kitchen renovation next year in the fall or in the spring of 2028 and while I really like that GE Range, I will most likely go to an induction cooktop and separate wall oven. I think the Bosch Benchmark series has a cooktop which does not offer entirely free placement of pots and pans, but instead of being very specific like my GE, it has "zones and you can put your pot or pan anywhere as long as it's in that zone. There is another German brand called Gaggenau which offers complete freedom, the entire surface senses where you place things and you can even move a pot or pan and it will keep track of it and continue to heat it. It also has physical precision knobs whereas the Bosch cooktop has touch controls; especially for making small adjustments during cooking, a physical know is definitely the nicer option for a blind person. My Ge range has physical knobs for the cooktop and a touch panel for the oven, but it's pretty nicely accessible via the Smart HQ app.

 

From: [email protected] <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Jenny Bomareto
Sent: Monday, September 7, 2026 11:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Feedback on Bosch Home Connect

 

Open the door on your dishwasher.

It should be there somewhere.

If not there then on the side of the door or the back panel.

Also, when you open the Home Connect app

If someone has helped you get the dishwasher paired on the home connectapp.

Open the app.

Somewhere in there it will have the information about the dishwasher as well.

 

I have the Bosch 800 series dishwasher

And then for the fridge the Bosch 100 series

Thanks for reading regarding this matter.
Jenny Bomareto


Sent from my iPhone 15



On Sep 7, 2026, at 1:40 PM, Matthew Janusauskas <[email protected]> wrote:



 

I haven’t been able to get anywhere with it yet due to being unable to locate the code on the dishwasher.

 

 

On Sep 7, 2026, at 12:27 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <[email protected]> wrote:

 

Just wondering if anybody on the list has any Bosch appliances like fridge, dish washer, stove etc. and is using the Bosch Home Connect app.

According to my research including asking Copilot, it sounds like the app might not be perfect but can be used with voiceover.

 

 

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/BY5PR02MB6929641AB5B3F4344E409B14C7B22%40BY5PR02MB6929.namprd02.prod.outlook.com.

 

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/28BC5379-F4AA-471D-A27B-5AE10B3C54F3%40gmail.com.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/615DE3AD-5630-4582-B745-07D70C1F6836%40gmail.com.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/BY5PR02MB69298D5E277C48311DBEDBAEC7B22%40BY5PR02MB6929.namprd02.prod.outlook.com.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/5A1B982D-2F64-4C68-A39A-78B6693C33E9%40gmail.com.

Reply via email to