And since we're mentioning corrections, from looking at the prices given below for the other products, looks like they were in US dollars, so I kind of figured I should mention that the iPhone 17E has gone up $100 in price and now starts at $699. Also, I do indeed agree about waiting to see how much of that 256GB is taken up with the new operating system before purchasing a new phone. I hadn't given it much thought, but it's a very good idea to do so.
Vicky Collins
USA

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2026, at 6:47β€―PM, 'Richard Turner' via VIPhone <[email protected]> wrote:

ο»ΏAgreed, and just a little picky correction, the Apple presentation said that the Duo unfolds to a 7.6 inch screen ... now doesn't that make it worth it? πŸ™ˆ
On a serious note I'm sure lots of folks will buy the Duo, and I hope it works out for them, but I would compare it with buying things that will take advantage of the new features, so the 17 pro model, or and whatever the starting iPad is that will meet the minimum requirements for iOS 27.
But your point is very well taken.
I love my 16 pro, and only if I can get a really good trade in would I consider an 18 pro.
And, no one has said out of that 256 gb, how much is now taken with what must be a larger OS. So, mhow much less useable memory do you get for that money?


Richard, USA
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
- Marcus Aurelius


My web site: https://www.turner42.com


(sent from my iPhone 16 pro) 


On Sep 11, 2026, at 3:23β€―PM, [email protected] wrote:

ο»Ώ

Apple just released a new iPhone that folds for $1,999 with 256 GB of storage. It has about a 7.4-inch display when unfolded. For comparison, the iPad mini has an 8.3-inch display.

So, just for fun, I gave myself a $2,000 budget and went on an imaginary shopping trip at the Apple Store to see what else I could buy instead.

These are only a few examples.

Shopping Trip #1 β€” $1,426

β€’ iPhone 17e, 256 GB β€” $599
β€’ iPad β€” $449
β€’ Apple Watch SE 3 β€” $249
β€’ AirPods β€” $129

Total: $1,426
Money left over: $574

So instead of one folding iPhone, I could have an iPhone, an iPad, an Apple Watch, AirPods AND still have $574 in my pocket.

Shopping Trip #2 β€” $1,526

β€’ MacBook Neo β€” $699
β€’ iPad β€” $449
β€’ Apple Watch SE 3 β€” $249
β€’ AirPods β€” $129

Total: $1,526
Money left over: $474

That's a MacBook, iPad, Apple Watch and AirPods β€” four separate Apple devices β€” and I'm still almost $500 under budget.

Shopping Trip #3 β€” Okay, I'll go slightly over budget: $2,125

β€’ iPhone 17e, 256 GB β€” $599
β€’ MacBook Neo β€” $699
β€’ iPad β€” $449
β€’ Apple Watch SE 3 β€” $249
β€’ AirPods β€” $129

Total: $2,125

That's only $126 more than the $1,999 folding iPhone.

For that extra $126, my shopping bag contains:

β€’ An iPhone
β€’ A MacBook
β€’ An iPad
β€’ An Apple Watch
β€’ AirPods

Five Apple devices instead of one.

I know folding-screen technology is expensive and I'm sure the engineering is impressive, but $1,999 for a 256 GB phone?

Nope.

At that price, I'm not comparing it to other phones anymore. I'm comparing it to how much of the Apple Store I can take home for the same money. πŸ˜‚

 

 

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/006201dd423c%24314c0700%2493e41500%24%40gmail.com.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/1E45E925-7A99-42AD-B83F-B9119D2A552F%40comcast.net.

--
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
 
If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
 
Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected]
 
The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/CFAFCBB0-6E9F-4154-836D-F60CA41EB5DF%40gmail.com.

Reply via email to