sorry, no such luck;  hence the issue with this as a question.

how do existing iPad users initiate new email messages?

Thanks, RobH.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Nalda" <lpna...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:47 AM
Subject: Re: iPad question

I would think, but am not sure, that the compose new message button would be
on the top right corner of the mail app, just a flick right of the inbox
search, as it is on the iPhone.
On Dec 15, 2012, at 1:37 PM, Rob Harris <bobs...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Funny, I asked something like this a couple days ago,  just can't find
> compose and all that when there's no mail message open.  I want to
> initiate
> a mailing process without having to find a message first.  I suspect we
> get
> a better service by  starting elsewhere and  picking email out of the
> actions for the other app.
> Picking an email addi out of contacts might work, not tried it,  I've not
> got a lot of those in my contacts.
>
> R!
> RobH.

Egun On, Lagunak! (Basque for G'day, Mates)
Louie P. "Pete" Nalda
http://www.myspace.com/musikonalda
http://www.facebook.com/lpnalda
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lpnalda