Hi Shaun,

First of all, let me ask you why everybody would or should know that you
read and write messages using SAM Net? Yes, it says you do in your
signature, but not everybody may consciously read your signature and, what
is more, remember a week later that you use SAM Net.

If I reply to a message thread I do delete the messages sometimes, but if I
feel the thread is important enough I don't. Quite often I read replies
which seem out of context, but which are not once I review the original
message.

I don't know much about SAM Net, but from the few times I have used System
Access to Go I noticed that it's an extremely basic email client and I would
go as far as to say it's not really designed for reading a busy mailing
list. I also have not seen any other list members suggesting everybody has
to change their list behavior because it so happens that the way the read
the list isn't convenient.

If you have a Mac computer you have a rather capable mail app so why not
setup an email address just for Viphone and maybe other lists and then use
the mail app to read those messages. I used to subscribe also to Digest
Mode, but I find it easier to have all messages individually go into a
special Viphone mailbox and here I can arrow through the messages (I use
Outlook) and if a subject doesn't interest me I delete it, if it does I read
the message. I sometimes come home and have 50 messages from the day and it
takes me maybe 5 minutes to review them, delete those I don't need and deal
with the ones I do want to read or reply to.

In my opinion it's up to each list member to find the best way to deal with
the list traffic rather than asking over 1,300 people to remember to do
things in a way that maybe convenient for the 1 SAM Net user on the list.

Best regards and a Happy New Year,
Sieghard

notibeen on the System Ac