How do you play music with this approach?

Thanks. Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
RobH!
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 3:52 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Phone Drive Question

Phone drive don't work like that;  look under the transfer section, it gives
you options.  so long as your desktop/laptop and iDevice are on the same
LAN, then you can do ftp or even http file transfer.  I use FTP as I use
windows and the windows explorer supports that.  In fact, I add  the
iDevices to My network places.

I don't and never have used iTunes.  Indeed, if you can use iTunes, you
hardly need Phone Drive. Still, it can do things iTunes and iOs don't do
normally, so it is still worth having.

Other options include direct BT and wifi transfer between two idevices,
though all these can be slow.  Correction, appear slow, shovelling many Gb
of music will take time no matter what one uses.

All the material you put on it is a part of the app's data, none of it goes
into the iOs file structure; only iOs and iTunes can do that. This could
make backup an issue,  but then, you still have it on the  other computer
you copied it off of course.

Hth, R.