I would add to this, if you wait because you've heard the latest and greatest
is around the corner, you will only drive yourself crazy.  I did that when I
got my iPhone 4.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ricardo Walker
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:13 AM
  Subject: Re: New Member Intro andHelp Needed Choosing iPhone Model

  Hi,

  honestly, when it comes to tech, especially mobile tech, I think one should
just go and buy the best they can reasonably afford.  I don't think one will
ever be disappointed in doing so.  For example, by purchasing the iPhone 5, one
is almost certain to have access to the next major release of IOS.  If you can
afford a 32 or 64 GB iPhone?  Get one of those.  I've never heard anyone
complaining about how much extra space they have on their device. haha.  If a
4S is more in your price range, then get that.  But, I really do think one is
better off letting their finances dictate what they get than features they may
or, may not use.

  Ricardo Walker
  rica...@appletothecore.info
  Twitter:@apple2thecore
  www.appletothecore.info

  On Feb 5, 2013, at 1:54 AM, Mich <mi...@eastlink.ca> wrote:

  > Hi Sieghard and all. just to add to this topic. Right now TELUS has a deal
on where you can get the I phone 4s for 0 dollars' with a 67 dollar a month
plan over a 2 year contract. this plan includes 200 daytime minnits 1 gig of
data and a few other things. I went in and asked them about this today and they
said that this offer was still on. I was thinking about getting this offer
since I would not have to pay for the phone at least not up front I mean but
after reading your msg I am re considering if it would just be better to go
with the 5 and pay the extra 100 something. since like you pointed out by the
time you factor in cases and stuff for the iphone 4s you are using older tec. i
would like your thoughts.  from Mich.

actually release a new iPhone in June again as they did in 2010 and before. It
was only the 4S in 2011 and the 5 last September which were released in the
fall and if you are not in a huge hurry, I think it wouldn’t hurt to wait maybe
6 or 8 weeks to see if those rumours persist.

  > Anyhow, as far as the 4S and 5 are concerned, I would absolutely advise
against the 4S. It’s a very good phone, but to get a 4S at this late stage
would not be a good idea especially since as a new user you may want to invest
in some accessories like a dock, cases and so on and if you buy a 4S with the
old 30-Pin connector any accessories you buy will be outdated at the point of
purchase with respect to future iPhone releases as those will all have the much
smaller Lightning connector. And of course the processor on the 5 is much
faster, as Nicholas pointed out, the 5 has more RAM and apart from the slightly
larger screen it is thinner and lighter.

  > I have a 4S and while I upgraded from the 4 to the 4S I didn’t upgrade to
the 5, but mostly because I want to upgrade when the new iPhone comes out and
getting a new phone every year does get pretty expensive. If I had still been
on my 4 or a new user I would absolutely have bought the iPhone 5.