Try Laptop Exchange.  I have had them do work for me on my laptop and they did
a great job.  They also work on Apple products such as the iPhone, iPad, iPod
etc.  They even buy sell and trade if that's what you want.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cristobal
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:33 AM
  Subject: iPhone 4S repair solutions

  Hello list,

  So of course one month after the one year warranty expiration on my iPhone
takes place the volume down button conveniently jams and is no longer working.

  Thankfully though, the actual volume isn't stuck on silent or anything and I
am still able to control the volume through the screen with the rotor and
getting into the app switcher and swiping to the first screen. Still.

  I contacted Apple and of course the first thing they let me know was that
since it was out of the one year time frame, they could offer me for a $199.00
fee a new replacement 4S. That or they suggested I go to my carrier and see if
I could get an early upgrade. Needless to say, the Apple tech guy wasn't really
helpful beyond that and didn't give me any real options as far as actually
repairing my current phone.

  Anyway, dropping another $200.00 for the exact same 4S model isn't something
I'm keen on doing since for the same amount or a little more, I could try to
get the upgrade on the iPhone 5.

  So my question is, can anyone recommend any good and reputable services out
there that does iPhone repairs? I'm hesitant to send my phone off now since
it's my only means of communication and I use it for my business as well.
However, if I am able to swing an upgrade, then taking my time and sending away
to get this button fixed won't be as much of an issue. The phone other than the
darn button and perhaps normal battery drain works perfectly fine. I could
probably then get it unlocked and either sell it to recoup my cost or give it
to my wife whose been wanting to get out of the Android phone she currently
has.

  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

  Cristobal