I have had great success on the IPhone saving a shortcut from
www.weather.com. After you access the site it can use location
services to get your location or you can enter it. After this is done,
it lands on a page that works very well to save a shortcut from on
your home screen. This page is about 95% accessible. Getting the
current conditions, the weather for the next 48 hours and the next 10
days works perfectly. Accessing the weather alerts when it puts them
up on the page is tricky but can be done. There is a heading and a
link after it. Swiping to it and double tapping does not activate the
link for some reason still unknown to me. Finding that link with your
finger and double tapping it does work however. Swiping to it will
tell you about it and be just like you have it focused, but it will
not activate that way.