To add to the answer to this question, some apps, such as Spotify and
Slacker will allow you to listen to specific songs or albums on
demand. In some cases you have to pay the subscription fee to be able
to do this. Pandora will not allow you to select and listen to
something specific, artest and track, on demand. then there is the
difference of sound quality. IN myexperience, Spotify has produced by
far the best sound quality and Slacker I have not been so impressed
with for sound quality.