Hi Patti,

BlueFire reader won't work with VoiceOver. it behaves like the Kindle
app, in that you appear to Ge to everything except the actual content
if texts.  Even ePub books without DRM that are readable in iBooks or
with Voice Dream Reader won't be viewable.  The text displays on the
screen, because if you take screen capture image and send it to an OCR
program like Prizmo or Adobe TextGrabber you can tell the contents are
there. They've just ensured that no screen reader will be able to read
the contents out loud.  it works if you're sighted; just not if you're
visually impaired.

The only app I've been able to use to read eBooks with Adobe DRM on
the iPhone or iPad is the free OverDrive Media Console app.  This is
the same application that is used by libraries to let you borrow
downloadable audiobooks and eBooks through the application.  You can
also read eBooks with Adobe's ADE DRM on your computer with the Adobe
Digital Editions software.  For both this software on your computer
and for OverDrive Media Console on iOS, you'll need to get an Adobe ID
that can be used to authorize your devices for DRM.

Voice Dream Reader will not work for any eBooks with DRM.  Also, the
Adobe Digital Editions software will only work for eBooks that use
Adobe's ADE DRM -- not for the FairPlay 2 DRM used by iBooks.  Howver,
Adobe's DRM is the most commonly used DRM format, and it is used by
Kobo Books and the Barnes and Noble Nook apps.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther