Hi, My understanding is that Access Note only renders txt files.

Neal

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of anouk radix
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:37 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: editing .doc files in dropbox was:Re: accessible ios alternative
for pages to edit .doc files?

Hello, Interesting, I did not know that accessnote saves its files as .doc!
Also I did not know htat you could actually edit files in dropbox? This is
really interesting. I did open a .doc in dropbox but could only read or
export it.
Op 10/03/2013 13:26, Sandy Finley schreef:

> AAnouk, this may not be what you had in mind,  and it ain't cheap, but you
might want to consider Access Note. ISome recently acquired health issues
prevent me from writing quickly with the slate and stylus as I used to so  I
sit in meetings and take notes on my phone with this app;; then I sync the
notes to Drop Box and I can access them both at home or at work. I don't
bother to edit with Access Note, although you can, but since the notes
become Word files in Drop Box, I findediting e asier in Drop Box. But you
have the choice.   There are also two sets of hot keys for navigating and
executing tasks;one set is for a Braille display and the other for a Blue
Tooth keyboard.  The longer I have the app the more uses I find for it; I
keep a list of passwords for logging into various web sites. I keep some
lists of  keystrokes for apps  that I am learning.  What enables this to
work is that the app contains an excellent search feature and hot keys to
jump easily to another note.  HTH

> Sandy Finley
>
> On 09/03/2013, at 7:49 PM, anouk radix <radix.an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, I have been playing a bit more with pages but braille and speech
really dont want to get along. I can get them both to work together in the
notes app but not in pages. I cant seem to get cursor routing to put the
voiceover cursor on a certain letter to edit for example. While if I get
speech to read  letters or words my braille display will be somewhere
entirely different in the text.