Hi list,
I have been testing and playing with Ariadne more for a while and I have found out something I would like to ask you about. Why is it that in some areas Ariadne displays and announces only the street names while in other areas it displays the house numbers along with the street names??
To give you an example:
When I am in the town where I live, Ariadne displays and announces the house numbers and street names when I am passing them. When I activate "where am I" function, it also tells me the street name and the house number. On the other hand, when I am at my grandma's who lives in the village, Ariadne reads and announces the street names and not the house numbers. When I activate "where am I" function, it still displays only the street names. When I checkin with Foursquare, for example, it does not matter whether I am at home or at grandma's, it always displays the house number. I think it has probably something to do with maps, but please does anyone know why all these things happen? Sorry for asking these questions, but I am not good at figuring things out with GPS systems. Another thing I would like to know, is it possible to use Ariadne with the screen locked and working at background at the same time? Just wondering because I have all required settings checked and turned on, but it seems it does not announce the street/house number when the screen is locked. Another reason why I'm asking this is the fact that the screen locks itself automatically after some time not touching it, so I must keep unlocking it in case I want Ariadne to tell me the information I need. I'm using Iphone 4, the latest Ios and have the latest version of Ariadne installed.
I hope my questions make sense.
Your help and explanation would be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
With regards
Maria