From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Alan Paganelli
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:10 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Adding Music to iTunes Revisited

Automatically add to iTunes is a very handy way to add new things.  For
example, should you add ring tones to ringtones, or ring tones, or just
tones?  If you have none of these in your iTunes folder on your computer it
makes it pretty tough to know how to proceed.  This is why Apple added the
automatically add to iTunes.  The files and folders you drop in
automatically add to iTunes will be added properly to iTunes for you.
Anything that can't be added or played by your device such as .WMA (Windows
Media Audio) files will appear in the not added to iTunes folder where you
can see what was not added.  At least this you know that such files were not
put on your device.

HTH