Hi Peter and Ahmed,

I found that when someone sent a mail attachment .pps file to me,
Preview on my iPhone or iPad would display this, and I was able to
read the text content with VoiceOver, including parts that were
written in a different language than English.  If you have a later
model iPad, including the iPad Mini, or an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, you
should be able to use a dock to VGA output connector of the
appropriate sort (older 30-pin to VGA or new lightning to VGA), and
everything should mirror.  There's no audio sent through the
connector, but the screen contents will show up, and by default
mirroring of apps is enabled, so unless a developer blocks this
function, it will be supported.  (On the original iPad, mirroring is
only supported if a developer writes in support, and the lower memory
resources for that device make it difficult to keep up well.)  On the
iPhone 4, 4th generation iPod Touch, and first generation iPad, video
out from your camera roll, or from Keynote presentations are supported
through this connector, but not general app mirroring, and I don't
think Preview from the mail app would be mirrored from these models
through the VGA adapter.  For the earlier usage, this was only
designed to show photos, iWork presentations, and a few apps like
YouTube through video out.

In principle, any app that lets you display and navigate PowerPoint
files could let you display the output to VGA out with the adapter.
You might even try Voice Dream Reader. I've only tried the VGA out to
standard projectors with an iPad, since my upgrade to an iPhone 5 is
recent, and I don't have the lightning adapters for this.  I'd run
presentations from my MacBook Air, instead, with standard VGA
connector.

The other way to handle this would be to try using AirPlay
capabilities if you wanted audio to available as well. If there's a
device like an AppleTV, that can project to the device or monitor you
use for your display, and you use AirPlay capable speakers, or an
AirPort Express unit on your network that is capable of relaying
AirPlay sound and plugging in regular speakers, you can set this up.
VoiceOver's speech won't be relayed through AirPlay.

There's an Apple Keynote Remote app that lets you control PowerPoint
or KeyNote presentations on your iOS devices or on your computer.  It
hasn't been updated in 2 years, and I haven't tried it in a long
time.  I think it sort of worked with VoiceOver at the time, but was
semi-clunky. You were supposed to hold the device in landscape mode,
and you got access to both the current and next slide content on the
two sides of the screen.  But I think the only thing VoiceoVer read at
the time was the slide number. I only ever tried it out for
controlling Keynote on my Mac.  There may be a post in the
macvisionaries list Mail Archives about this.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther