Hi Mickey,

I wasn't trying to overwhelm you with references.  The basic answer is
that most of the keyboard editing shortcuts available to iOS are the
ones that you know about, and that are documented in the iPhone User
Guide, and involve combinations of the Control, Option, Command, and
arrow keys to move your input cursor.  Movement key shortcuts can be
turned into selection actions by adding a press of the Shift key to
the combination, so for example, if Command-Down Arrow moves your
input cursor location from its present position to the end of the text
document, Command-Shift-Down arrow will select text from your present
input cursor location to the end of the document.  If Option-Right
arrow moves your input cursor from the present position to the end of
a word, then Option-Shift-Right arrow selects text from your current
input cursor's location to the end of a word, and so forth.  Notice
that if your input cursor is in the middle of a word you'll only
select part of the word.  For instance, if your input cursor is in the
middle of the word, "foretell", between the "e" and the "t", then
pressing Option-Shift-Right arrow would select "tell", while  pressing
Option-Shift-Left arrow would select "fore".

The only other large set of editing keyboard shortcuts that you don't
know about are the ones like Control-a, Control-b, etc.  But my July
2010 post on "Apple Wireless Keyboard Shortcuts for the iPhone and
iPod Touch in iOS 4" went through most of those combinations to pick
out the ones that worked for iOS at the time:
http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries%40googlegroups.com/msg26148.html

So if you want to check whether there are any updates on that, go look
at the Apple Knowledge Base article on Mac OS X shortcuts that I
linked:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1343
Use item chooser menu to navigate to "Application and Other OS X
Shortcuts" and just read through the list of Control-a, etc. shortcuts
until you hit the end of their alphabetical listing (Control-v), and
test those out to find if  there are any new additions.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther