From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Pablo Morales
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:07 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: popcast

Sieghard.

Just a question. I have to pay for each popcast that I want to subscribe?

Thanks

Pablo

On Mar 24, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

Hi Pablo,

I think a lot of people on the list including myself would recommend an app
called Downcast or iCatcher. Both are fully accessible Podcast apps and both
are good, but I think overall Downcast is slightly better and more user
friendly. This is a paid app and costs $1.99.

If you buy it you can search for Podcasts by name or even just search for
"accessible technology" or something like that and it will display a list of
results which may contain Podcasts of interest to you. Here is the app store
link and below that the app store description:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downcast/id393858566?mt=8
<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downcast/id393858566?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2>
&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Description

Download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device
without the need to sync with iTunes.

"Downcast Is the Best Podcast Downloader and Player for iPhone" - Lifehacker

"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired
Gadget Lab

Subscription Features

. Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size

. Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL

. Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)

. Continue podcast downloads in background (per iOS restrictions)

. Browse and download older podcast episodes

. Auto-update podcast feeds based on schedule or location

. Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and
per-podcast)

. Import and export podcast feeds via OMPL

. Support for password-protected feeds

. Create and edit "smart" playlists

. View podcast details and episode show notes

. Rename podcasts with long or unwieldy names

iCloud Syncing

. Sync podcast subscriptions, playlists, settings and episode information
with other iOS devices via iCloud

Playback Features

. Video and audio AirPlay support

. Play audio in the background (for supported devices)

. .5x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x speed playback*

. Chapters support for enhanced podcasts

. Stream episodes without downloading

. Control audio with Bluetooth or other headphone remote controls

. View embedded images in podcast episodes

. Gesture support

. Sleep timer