Oh, I didn't know that. I am able to run another gps apps, when I have navigon
in the background?
It is so helpfull.

  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:16 AM
  Subject: RE: Navigon usage and battery life.

  Hi Jay,

  Yes, Navigon's voice guidance works if the screen is locked or if the app is
in the background. Many of us use Navigon to setup a route, then open another
app like Sendero LookAround, Ariadne or BlindSquare to get better
announcvements about upcoming cross streets etc.

  When GPS apps are running, battery does get used up a lot, so what you
describe including the fact the iPhone got a little warm all sounds pretty
normal. Locking the screen will definitely help some.

  still gives you