Hello all,

An awesome discovery I just made is, this app will identify K-cups.  I'm so
excited!

Lois

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 12:38 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: talking goggles

Hi Chandan,

It is only 99 Cents and for the most part it's quite self-explanatory as
there are only 5 buttons. The app does, by the way, use it's own voice to
read out what it comes up with. The English is a female voice and sounds OK.
Theoretically you could silence Voiceover with a 3-finger double tap and the
app would still read out the results although if you leave Voiceover on you
can touch the screen in the middle and find the result and review it.

There is a "Flash Off" button at the top left which turns into a "Flash"
button if you double tap it.

If it says "Flash Off" then, well. the Flash is off. If it just says
"Flash", then the flash is on which means the Flash of the iPhone puts out a
permanent and constant light.

At the top right is a button that says "Flag En". I assume since it says
"Flag" that visually it displays a flag maybe of the States or England. This
allows you to select a different voice/language. If you double tap on it a
list of languages comes up on the screen from Africans and Albanian to Welsh
and Yiddish, I think it has a total of 51 languages and whichever one you
double tap will say "Selected" and the list goes away and the icon at the
top right displays the result in a 2-letter abbreviation like the "Flag En".

Across the bottom above the Home Key are 3 buttons, from Left to right they
are:

Gallery - this will show you the albums and pictures on your iPhone,
similary to Photo Viewer.

Camera Copy 14 - this is in the middle above the home key and I renamed this
to "Take Picture" since that is what it does

Video Camera - this will start continuous recording, the "Camera Copy 14"
button in the middle will turn to a stop button and if you stop recording it
will say "Record". If you switch to video recording then the Video Camera
button on the right will turn into a "Still Camera" button and you can
double tap it to switch back to single picture/still camera mode.

I agree with David, this app seems to be amazing, it recognizes logos and it
does OCR and what's more, it does OCR while it's in video mode. Aim it at
something and hold it still for a bit and you'll get some results, I don't
even want to think what this thing will do with the Standscan.

I had a can of corn and the first time I took a picture it told me it was
corn. This, by the way, is a Canadian Safeway product and Digit-Eyes did not
know it's barcode since unfortunately Digit-Eyes doesn't know a lot of
Safeway barcodes from Canada.

I then turned the can a bit and it started recognizing bits of text from
nutritional information and all sort of stuff. I pointed my phone into the
fridge and it told me I had Tropicana Orange Juice, I turned it a bit and
here was Lucern Milk. astounding.

This is a great find and well worth the 99 Cents.