Actually, the first few levels are tutorial levels, and when you touch an
element of the game, you will get a description of the element and how to play
it.  Robo-E can only push a ball. Also, Robo-E cannot go through walls or
balls, so you have to make sure that when you double-tap a square, there's
enough space for him to move to that square, even if he has to go the long way.
You can't move energy rings. So basically, ensure Robo-E is in front of a ball
or next to it, then double-tap the ball to make them both move onward. if you
change your mind and want Robo-E to move to a square in front of a different
ball, just double-tap that square, and he'll move there if he has a clear path.

HtH,
Teresa