HI to all

I have just downloaded Iassociate 2, the word game. what i do not understand
though is how the lines link the associations.
For example if I solve in the save the flavour category food clue with lunch i
just keep hearing this is associated with food all the time as i flick left and
right.
Is there a specific way to navigate the screen in this title?
I want to be able to understand the title, and play the levels but as half of
the lines which say hyphen hyphen hyphen 5 etc. do not have clues to link them
to previous words, I am really confused. I have read the help. Has anyone done
an explanatory podcast with a link to it please, to enable me to grasp this
title?
regards Will