Hello all. This is just a friendly moderator update on this wonderful Sunday
afternoon April 14, 2013.

First, I believe the thread on what do they do or any discussions regarding
which questions are appropriate, stupid, useless, or unwanted, needs to now
come to an end. I don't believe there is anything new which can be added to
this thread. So I am hoping that 24 hours after I send this message everyone
will have had enough time to read and can stop posting about it. I don't like
to dictate what people can and can not post on the list, however I think that
this needs to be said even though I feel it shouldn't have to be. If you read a
message on the list which you feel is inappropriate, or the question is stupid,
or the list poster should have the ability to find the answer for themselves,
just do everyone a favor and delete it. However if you are so inclined to give
a response, I asked that the response be phrased in a constructive criticized
manner. For example, maybe you can answer their question and point out where
they might have found the answer themselves. I do not want people feeling like
they cannot post questions to the list without having to show credentials such
as already have looked through Google or the list archives. Whether you, me, or
anyone else feels that someone is being lazy or not, we really do not know if
it is from laziness or lack of technical skills that other research isn't done.
I have tried to take this approach on messages that I respond to. If I
personally feel that someone has the ability to help themselves and is choosing
not to, I might not respond to their message. Or it is possible I may just not
have time to respond to a message in such a way where I give the answer plus an
idea of where they can help themselves.

Second, recently there have been a few posters who have hijacked threats. I
have mentioned this before and will mention it again. If you are reading a
message and you want to write a new message to the list, pressing reply and
changing the subject and adding your own new message is not the way to do it.
If your reply is part of that subject you are reading then definitely yes, use
the reply button and add to the discussion. However if it is about something
totally different, the best thing to do is start a new message. >From most
Windows programs the hockey is control plus and. I believe from the Mac it is
command plus and. And of course from the eye device it is the compose button.
When you start a new thread with your own discussion, it will be exposed to
more and you will have a higher chance of getting responses and you will not
have to hear from me privately. I realize of course that there may be some list
members who don't know what the list address is, and so replying and starting a
new discussion is easier. The list address is viphone@Googlegroups.com. Please
take a note of this address so you can start your own conversations instead of
hijacking and existing one.

Third, if you have a problem with a list of member or do not feel this list is
being run the way you think it should, write me privately and let me know your
concern. I will respond to you and will at least acknowledge your message. I
cannot promise what will come of your suggestion, but I can't promise to
listen. Similarly if you have a problem with the way a certain list member
posts messages, either take it up privately with that list member or write me
directly and I will try and deal with the situation.

Fourth, Let us all remember tolerance toward other people. Remember that not
everyone has the same technical skills or background as everyone else. What
might seem like an easy thing for you might be a challenge for someone else. If
you want to share your knowledge and experience with someone who might be
having some trouble, please do so as that is the purpose for this list.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. If you are in the USA, I hope you already filed
your taxes.

---
Sent from Raul's iPhone - (832) 554-7285. Please excuse any dictation or auto
complete errors.