Hi Eric,

I agree that having the choice is nothing but good and I'm happy that
Android accessibility is finally starting to catch up. One argument,
however, that doesn't hold water is the one about iOS accessibility not
advancing as fast as Android accessibility. This is basically the same as
when people complain after a new iPhone release that it is only an
evolutionary upgrade and not a revolutionary one. Apple instigated its
revolution in 2007 when they introduced the iPhone and in 2008 or whenever
it was when they made Voiceover accessibility part of iOS. After the initial
years of more major upgrades and improvements it is becoming harder and
harder to always Wow people with groundbreaking new stuff. Android is no
different, I think the reaction to the Galaxy S4 was not exactly a "Wow"
moment. I listened to the coverage of the keynote by Twit TV and the 3 or 4
people who were doing the Podcast all were rather unimpressed. It's easy to
make big strides ahead when there is a lot of ground to cover. There are
certainly things in iOS accessibility that need fixing and there are
features which would be nice, but I think in the last few major iOS updates,
6,5 and 4, Apple has always added some good stuff and I'm sure they continue
to improve the experience.

I'd like to say that one of these days I should go out and spend the $150 or
so one has to spend to get a cheap Android tablet just so I can play around
with it, but then again I think that I'd rather spend an extra $150 on top
of that and get an iPad Mini where I know exactly what to expect and of
course it will let me use all of my apps and other content. Anyhow, iOS 7
will be announced in about 3 weeks, so let's see if Apple accessibility
continues to stagnate or if they are giving us some really cool new stuff to
look forward to in the fall.