Nebulous Notes Lite is a good note application that allows for setting
a pin for security.

Here is the link to it in the App store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nebulous-notes-lite/id392778235?mt=8

More info:

Nebulous Notes LiteBy Nuclear Elements

.Description
Featured three times on Lifehacker as one of the best tools for
getting things done! I get emails all the time from users who have
placed this app on the docks of their iPhones and iPads.

(This is the free version of "Nebulous Notes", and is ad-supported.)

## ABOUT ##

Nebulous Notes is a powerful, yet simple, text editor for note-takers,
writers, and coders. Your notes are backed up and available from
Dropbox, the best back-up service in the world. Free accounts on
Dropbox come with 2GB of space, enough to store 500 copies of Leo
Tolstoy's War and Peace.

## FEATURES ##

* Open and edit all plain-text files (.txt, .md, .c, etc.)
* Preview files in HTML, MarkDown, MultiMarkdown, Rich Text-RTF
* Supports saving and opening in all file encodings (useful for
international users)
* VoiceOver hints
* Print documents using AirPrint
* Supports TextExpander

## FEATURES LACKING IN COMPETING APPS ##

* Save in Evernote
* Open files from ANY Dropbox folder
* Tag Files
* Customizable themes
* Macro system lets you add frequently used keys to a toolbar (like {
} [ ] = %, etc.).
* Macro system also has basic text-substitutions for convenient HTML tags
* Protect the app with a PIN
* Search full Dropbox or Search for text with a document
* Full-screen support for "Writeroom"-style editing
* "Insert Tab" key (multi-line tabbing and un-tabbing supported)
* One-click access to MarkDown/HTML previews
* Turn off word-wrapping

## REVIEWS ##

"Wow, I do so LOVE your app." - Merlin Mann, creator of 43 Folders

"This is quite possibly the best tool for any writer, blogger, or
journalist that needs to get work done on-the-go" - AppAdvice.com

"If you feel really geeky about your note-taking, give Nebulous Notes
a shot." - geek.com

---

NOTE: Nebulous Notes is only for plain text editing, and cannot edit
Word Documents or PDFs.