I don't use Yahoo!, but it looks like you should be able to sinc your Yahoo! calendar with your iPhone. Have you followed the steps at http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&locale=en_HK&id=SLN4922 In Googling for this, I also came across articles more specific to Bell South.

I use Google Calendar, and I don't have any problem syncing it with my iPhone. I just use the native calendar app on the iPhone, the Google Calendar web site or plug ins for Thunderbird to work with the Google Calendar.