Brian,

It works fine in Canada.  I changed my address to Toronto and it came up
with tons of restaurants with menus.

As has been discussed on this forum, by default, it shows businesses like
hair salons, spas, etc., that don't have menus.  We have turned that off by
default in the free update awaiting Apple's approval.

The app has over one million menus. If you find a restaurant that doesn't
have one, please consider telling them that they can add theirs for free.

---todd