I have this same problem with STB chrome. The problem seems to come and go
without any reason. I have been able to just  work around the game. After
rolling the dice when you go through the boxes and VO announces the boxes as
being labled as T1, T2, T3 etc this is the same as when VO will announce the
boxes as properly labeled 1-9. So in my observation of playing the game on a
daily basis and the game responding differently with VO with any game play on
any given day I can say that this is a flaw in the game itself. You could try
clearing the game from the app switcher before opening the game to play. This
helps sometimes but isn't a cure all fix.

Happy rolling!

Donna