I did some Voice over compatibility testing of a few word processor apps
lately. I didn't use any of the apps extensively, but I did find out some
useful information. Here are my results.

Disclaimer: i did not test every app. Mostly free ones and a couple i got when
they went free on a sale.

List of apps:
Google drive.
Smart office 2
Ux write
Cloud on
Drop box
Office plus
Pages

Google drive (official app)
-The google drive app of course connects to your google account, but doesn't
support other cloud services. You can view almost any file type in your Drive.
However, you can only create or edit google documents and google spreadsheets.
-The app worked well with voice over, possibly the best. Documents worked fine
with VO on most of the apps i tested. Google drive is one of them, which means
you can easily do simple formatting like italics and underlining, change fonts,
and change the page alignment. Google spreadsheets worked best with voice over
because you could access each individual cell, which voice over identified
without a hitch. In my beef testing, this was the only app to support this much
appreciated feature. However, there is one major drawback. Because the app
doesn't use on-device files, unless you specifically make each file available
for offline use, you cannot view non-google files without an Internet
connection. What files i could view could not be edited, and i could not make
any new files offline.

Smart office 2
-Currently, This app is completely inaccessible with VO. However, if you have
vision, it works great. Note: if you use 2 step verification on google drive,
you need an application specific password.
-the app allows for the creation of various file types: .doc, .docx, .xls,
.xlsx, .ppt, and .pptx.
-the app allows you to view and edit existing files in cloud services like
Dropbox, box, and google drive. The feature set is impressive, with image
insertion, as well as formatting like color font, background color, and
bullets.
-you can also create local files for offline use. These files can later be
copied or moved to your cloud service of choice.
-this app is one f the best i have seen. Hopefully, the developer will update
the app with voice over accessibility. So far, that is the only fault i have
seen with it.

Ux write (as well as many document creators)
-Ux write is a simple .doc, .docx, and HTML file creator. However, it is
limited to these file types. That being said, the app is very VO friendly. It
is also usually a paid app (although it has gone free before
-what sets ux write apart is its rich feature set. Outlining, in-text reference
point support, figure and table support, photo insertion, etc.

Cloud on
-Cloud on is an account based application. This means you sign up for an
account, then sync any of several cloud services like Dropbox and google drive.
The benefit here is that you don't have to keep reentering your account
credentials every time you use or download the app.
-However, the app is still pretty sluggish compared to the competition. Even
worse, the app is not VO accessible. It spoke some things, but nothing
relevant. Not even in a document. I would not recommend this app.

Dropbox
-this app is accessible, but only seems to allow for file viewing. You cannot
create or edit anything in my experience.

Office plus
-Although this app is free, you can only save text files without making an
in-app purchase ($2-6). I dont like this business model because you will not
likely ever get these features for free, unlike smart office, which
occasionally offers the app for free.
If you choose to purchase this app:
-This app performed well. It has several features in its document maker. You
can undo and redo, color text, change alignment, insert pictures from your
camera roll and pre-defines shapes, use bullets and numbering, and more.
-The spreadsheet maker was partially accessible. There is a text box where you
can select which cell or text box you want to edit, and another box for editing
its contents. However, I could not touch or select data boxes, and i could not
move in the spreadsheet using voice over.
-the PowerPoint maker was inaccessible. I could edit the first slide, but I
could not select a template for a new slide, rendering this portion of the app
inaccessible.
-the app supports syncing with google drive,
Dropbox,
-because this app uses local documents created and stored offline and on your
phone, this app works well if you don't have an Internet connection.
-you can create things offline in the local folder, then copy or move them to
your cloud service of choice later (i suggest this)
-office plus also supports folders!!
-office plus is fairly similar to smart office 2, except office plus is a bit
faster
-if you have vision, this app seems to require less zooming than smart office
2.

Pages
-My Bestfriend who is completely blind uses the official Pages app for most of
her work, but i do not have access to it, and therefore, don't have a review
for it. However, she said that it is pretty accessible for document creation.

Final thoughts:

Smart office 2 and cloud on are currently VO inaccessible.

Dropbox lacks key functionality.

I don't know much about pages. If anyone has more information, could you please
add it as a comment to to this post? Thank you!

Ux write is great if you mainly need document creation. It has a large feature
set and is pretty accessible.

Google drive is the most accessible for spreadsheets, allowing full access to
each cell. However, if you don't have an Internet connection, the app is
useless. It also only connects with google drive--no Dropbox or local files.
Nevertheless, it should always be free without any in app purchases, unlike
much of the competition.

Office plus. The app is very accessible with document creation. It is less
accessible than google drive when it comes to spreadsheets, but it is usable.
Power points are useless on this app, but it isn't any better than the other
apps i have tested so far. Nevertheless, its in-app purchase model isn't good
if you don't want to spend any money on apps.
Office plus and smart office are the only apps i tested that provide complete
office suites that are accessible and available offline.

The links to the itunes apps are pasted below.
Office plus
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/office2-plus/id353971085?mt=8
Google drive
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-drive/id507874739?mt=8
Cloud on
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloudon/id474025452?mt=8
Smart office 2
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smart-office-2/id504520620?mt=8
Ux write
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ux-write-ipad-word-processor/id538278306?mt=8
Drop box
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dropbox/id327630330?mt=8
Pages
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pages/id361309726?mt=8

PS. I have no idea about iTunes file sharing capabilities. I never use this. I
almost always just email files to myself, the nopen them in an app. I also use
ifunbox (a computer app) to do stuff like this, but I have no idea if its
accessible with JAWS or other screen readers.

If you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or advice, please post it as
a comment. I appreciate it!