Sieghard, It's rough that you've had this sort of response, and even more odd
that you haven't had the refund and you haven't been able to get hold of anyone
else. I wonder, is iTunes country specific at all? I think I always assumed it
was central, but I wonder if that's what makes a difference. Personally, I've
never attempted to get a refund. I once had a situation where a newsstand
magazine was not accessible, I contacted the developer and they told me they
had no intention of making it accessible and that I would need to contact
iTunes. It was only £1.99 or something so I decided, on that occasion, not to
bother. I totally understand your frustration though particularly as we know
that many other people on this list have had successful refunds.
I am particularly intrigued by the way you have been dealt with, it really does
seem at odds with the whole of Apple's policy. I thought they were always very
into voice-over and although they don't make it as easy as on the Mac to make
apps accessible, I thought that they were quite on our side. I really think
this woman seems not to have bothered to read your email or to understand the
implication. The very fact that she talks about you checking the description is
crazy, we all know that accessibility is not mentioned in  descriptions and
that is something a lot of people have campaigned for… I really think this must
be some sort of generic response. That is a shame, and again, Apple have, in
the past, been quite good with personal service. That is why I  wonder if it is
country specific. I cannot comment like I said, as I haven't had any refunds, I
wonder if there is somewhere higher you can go? Someone more in management?
I hope you get this sorted. You are someone who usually takes the plunge and
checks out lots of these apps for which we are all very grateful for all your
feedback, it is a shame that you, and others like you, will now be put off
doing this because it is too much of a risk and too expensive! I don't normally
advocate for android, but I believe that they have a refund policy of 15
minutes where if you don't like it or it isn't accessible or just generally
don't want it within the first 15 minutes, you can get your money back. Apple
are missing a big trick in not doing something similar. And as we are people
who really and truly advocate for apple and the accessibility of the products,
Apple are also digging  themselves into a hole if they are going to start being
funny now. I'm sure this is just one person! Hopefully… But the fact that it
has happened at all is worrying.

Kirsten

Sent from my iPhone