Hello Joanne,

Just a small correction for people who might be interested in BlindSquare.
It is indeed a navigation app and is listed in the Navigation category in
the app store. You can also check in to ForeSquare locations and it uses
ForeSquare locations, but it is primarily designed to announce upcoming
cross streets, user defined points and points of interest if you enable
this.

You can also find a place and enable "Tracking" which updates you on
direction and distance to the place and you can launch Navigon, TomTom,
Apple Maps and I think in the latest version Google Maps if you have it
installed from BlindSquare with the "Plan a Route" feature and then the
point of interest you selected will be passed on to the turn-by-turn app you
choose as the destination.

There are a couple of good Podcasts on www.applevis.com.