From: "David Chittenden" <dchitten...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:10 AM
Subject: Motorola H19-txt Bluetooth Earpiece, a review

Today I received my new Motorola H19-txt Bluetooth Earpiece. This is one of
the smallest earpieces I have worked with. I am using it on my iPhone 5.

This earpiece has a flip-out boom mike which turns it on when open. It also
uses Rapid Connect to quickly switch over to Bluetooth.

The H17-txt supports up to Bluetooth 4.0, which means a couple things. When
I have my iPhone in the opposite pocket across my body from the ear that the
earpiece is on, the connection remains solid. With all preceding Bluetooth
earpieces, the signal would break up because of the water in my body. With
Bluetooth 4.0, this is not a problem. Also, the delay between touching a
spot on my iPhone screen and receiving feedback is significantly less than
any previous earpiece. For typing with the on-screen keyboard, I am now
coming very close to my somewhat slow typing speed.

The unit has a 9 hour battery life. It also has voice prompts telling you it
is ready to be paired, and what the pairing code is if your phone requires
it. The iPhone pairs automatically without the pairing code.

The unit has very good volume. It displays the Bluetooth battery charge on
the iPhone's status bar.

On one side is both volume up and volume down. If in your right ear, these
volume buttons are on the top, whilst in your left ear, these buttons are on
the bottom. On the outside is a somewhat long and skinny raised button. This
button answers and ends calls, and activates Siri.

According to the specs on Amazon where I purchased it, the range is up to
100 feet. I have not tested this yet, but the fact that it remains fully
connected when the phone is across my body is a good sign.

The unit comes with two behind the ear hooks, and two silicone grips for in
ear, so you can choose how you want to wear it.

Thus far, this is the best Bluetooth earpiece I have owned, and I recommend
it very highly. Note: you must get the Motorola H19-txt. The Motorola H19
does not support the A2DP profile that VoiceOver requires.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288