  From: Lisa belville
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:08 AM
  Subject: Re: a couple basic iPhone questions

  Hi.

  It sounds like you've got your volume buttons set to change the volume of
  the ringer and alerts.  You can change this by going into settings, then
  sounds, and telling the phone to not use the volume buttons to adjust the
  ringer/alert volume.  there's an adjustable slider there where you can set
  the volume of the ringer.  Once you set this level, it will stay the same
  once you've set the phone to not change the volume using the volume buttons.
  All other volumes like the volume of music/streaming can be adjusted using
  the volume buttons.

  It's a two finger swipe down to read from where you're currently at to the
  end.  The two finger swipe up reads from your current point to the top of
  the screen.

  HTH

  Lisa

  There is a fine line between genius and insanity and that difference is a
  paycheck!
  Lisa Belville
  missktlab1...@frontier.com