Hi,
are you sure you have IMessage turn on? I know you can choose to have IMessage
turn off. That means, whatever you send will be text message rather than
IMessage.
Also, you can go to setting; messages; and turn on alert when the message is
deliver and read.

Hope this help

The flip side of Inclusion is Exclusion.Joanne Chua
Leaders For Tomorrow 2013 Candidate
Send from my iPad