Hi all,

this note is not completely about the recent list craziness, though I do touch
on this. This note is meant as more of a general note to you all. If you have
any, and I do mean any comments you wish to share with me about this, I ask you
now, to write me privately. Let me repeat this, please write me privately to
discuss this with me. My email addresses are: modelc...@gmail.com and
caraqu...@caraquinn.com

I've gotten a number of notes off-list today and have seen the list craziness.

Some have written me asking why I am making empty threats of banning folks.
Others have written in support.

thank you to those who support this list. YOu rock!

Now let me address the former point. There is a difference between giving
people as much of the benefit of the doubt as possible until I need to draw the
line, and making threats. What I've said here are not threats, my statements
are alerts or warnings. Sometimes it takes me a while to get back to the list
to check in again to see what has happened in my absence. Sometimes people
actually do listen. And sometimes people do get banned. You may not know what
happens behind the scenes so rather than assume, just ask. :)

Not only have I been accused in the past, of being too heavy handed, but now of
not being heavy handed enough. lol!

Through all of this, please remember, I do have a life and am quite busy much
of the time, which is why having Raul here of late, has been such a Godsend.

So to the people who feel that I'm making empty threats, ask those who have
been banned from this list or who have had their posting privileges removed.

For the record, the last thing I want to do is need to ban people or remove
their ability to post. It is everyone here who makes this list the great
resource that it is. Without you all we'd have no list! Ya know what I mean?

No people, no list. Simple as that. :)

So rather than continuing to try my, and each other's patience, I'm asking
those of you who feel you need to continue the iOS 7 thread to the point of
absolute annoyance, to please be considerate of your list neighbors and quite
simply, calm the hell down! lol!

I get it, you want to be heard and share your opinions. that's great. Let's do
that in a context which is productive and relevant to appropriate discussion
for this list. I.E. Let's not continue any name-calling, inference about
people's lack of legal knowledge, whether the podcaster in question did
anything wrong or whether you agree with Raul and I or the list rules.

If you dislike the list then leave it.

If you dislike the mods, sorry, but we are who we areā€¦

If you want to call other listers names or insult their intelligence or what
you feel may be a lack thereof, then leave now.

If you want to continue propagating information bound under an NDA, then guess
what, please leave.

Having said all of this, if you want to continue taking part in a great group
of intelligent and nice people, then please stay. :)

If you want to share your knowledge of the iDevices, then please stay.

If you want to do a great service to your fellow listers then stay.

-And, if you want to help this community, then please consider staying with us.
:)

Of all of the list rules which prohibit, the idea I wish to stress most is to
be helpful and considerate. It's you who make this list what it is. It is you
lending your help and support to each other, it is you sharing your time and
patience, it is you offering your assistance which makes this list great.

So please, show that you care about this community and be a valuable part of
it. YOu will make it what it is, and we'd love to have you. :)

If you want to share your opinions constructively, we welcome them. Want to
make a point to spur on some good discussion? Awesome! Let's do it.

You don't need to like everything, but you do need to be able to discuss your
feelings about things in a way that is helpful and brings out worth-while
discussion which moves people forward. That's what this is about.

Please do take some care and let's move forward from here, K?

Thank you all for reading, and do have a wonderful night!

Cara :)
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn